Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Week 2 Reading Overview

    I have chosen to read the Public Domain Edition of the Ramayana because it seems to be more easily accessible for me and it is free. I chose this image because it looks like an interesting battle scene, especially because of multi headed and armed individual.

The battle of Lanka
Ravana wounds Lakshmana; Hanuman attacks Ravana
(British Library: Mewar Ramayana)

    The two comic books I chose are Paurava and Alexander: Battle Of The Giants and The Jackal and the War Drum: Panchatantra Stories of Courage and Curiosity. I chose the Battle of The Giants largely because of the battle aspect as I am quite fond of those kinds of things. I then chose The Jackal and the War Drum because of the word "war" and because there was a cartoony turtle on the cover.
   
    The two videos I chose are Foods for Gods | Epified and Stages of life. I chose the food video because I like to eat and explore different kinds of foods, so I thought it would be interesting to find out what gods eat. I find it somewhat amusing that the video had several cool sounding and mythical items, and then just butter. I also chose Stages of Life because I was intrigued to find out what would be similar and different to how I live. I suppose I would be somewhere between stage 1 and stage 2 of life as they describe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Notes: The Hypocritical Cat

The Hypocritical Cat     There was a cat that wanted to eat many rats and wanted to trick them to be able to eat them all. So he stood on on...