Monday, August 31, 2020

Time Strategies

    My time management strategy will be to try to stick to my schedule as much as possible. Currently, I'm planning to do my school work on Mondays, Tuesday, and Wednesdays. I chose those days as those are the days I work as an intern and I tend to have some free time at work, so I figure I can do my school work during downtime at work and finish whatever I have left to do when I get home after work. Hopefully this plan will work out and I can enjoy four day weekends.

    I read the articles "Four Questions to Help You Overcome Procrastination" and "How to Beat Procrastination". I chose these articles since I tend to procrastinate a lot when it comes to my academic work. However, I don't procrastinate nearly as much when comes to other things, like working in a job/career sense. The articles were somewhat useful I suppose. They gave me some ideas to try when I feel like procrastinating, such as asking myself questions or pre-committing (like making a schedule). If it wasn't for me graduating early and making this my last semester, I'd be much more inclined to procrastinate, but I'm going to try to get this class done early.


Time by bitslammer (April 2010). Source: Flickr

    My biggest time challenge will probably be just getting used to the online format and having to constantly check what is due and when, since four out of five of my classes are purely online with no online meeting, and getting them done in a timely manner . It will be a bit strange for me to not see my instructors/professors or being taught in a more direct manner. However, I feel confident that the classes will still go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Notes: The Hypocritical Cat

The Hypocritical Cat     There was a cat that wanted to eat many rats and wanted to trick them to be able to eat them all. So he stood on on...