Thursday, September 3, 2020

Reading Notes: Week 2 Reading Anthology

    My favorite stories are the The Turtle and The King and The Cunning Crane and the Crab. I like these stories because the prey outsmarted the predator that really should have known better. I like turtles and I am glad that the story ended happily with the turtle going back to his old home and not being needlessly killed. However, I am a bit surprised that no one in the story knew that a turtle would be safe in the water. I also like the crane story because the crane was a bit smart at first and then made a really dumb play. Why one would ever let a crab's claw around their neck is beyond me. I think the crane would have had a better chance of eating the crab with a direct attack. Either way, I'm glad the to see that the crab lived happily ever after and that the crane met a fitting demise.


Illustration by W. Robinson. Source: The Cunning Crane and the Crab


Bibliography: 

"How The Turtle Saved His Own Life" by Ellen C. Babbit.

"The Cunning Crane and The Crab" by W. H. D. Rouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Notes: The Hypocritical Cat

The Hypocritical Cat     There was a cat that wanted to eat many rats and wanted to trick them to be able to eat them all. So he stood on on...