Monday, September 7, 2020

Topic Brainstorm

 Epic Battles

    I am interested in this topic largely because I have interests in weapons, militaries, and strategies used in combat. I don't have any knowledge on Indian Epic battles or history, but I would like to learn the reasons behind the conflicts and who may be the "good" or "bad" side. I would likely try to tell the stories from a commander's or foot soldier's perspective. Currently, Wikipedia seems to be good source for a broad overview of battles that have taken place.

Rāma going into battle by Pahari School and Chamba Style (Late 18th Century). Source: Wikimedia

Weapons of the Gods

    I am also very interested in this topic as I'm quite fond of learning about weapons. I don't have much knowledge of the Indian weapons used during these time periods, let alone those used by the Gods. At most, it would a broad knowledge or swords, spears, and the such. I'd like to learn the varieties of weapons they had, the roles they were used in, and what made them special or unique. I may tell the stories of the weapons from the view of a collector looking for the last one missing from his collection. Again, Wikipedia seems like a good staring point as it contains brief descriptions of the weapons.

Epic Heroes

    My interest in epic heroes stems from the last two topics I chose. I would try to focus on heroes from battles as I feel that would be more interesting. I have no previous knowledge of any Indian epic heroes, but I'd like to learn of their accomplishments and how they may have changed the course of their people's future. I may tell the story from the perspective of someone who had been saved multiple times from the heroes. Wikipedia has a large list of cultural heroes that provides links to more information for each one.

Food

    I am interested in Indian food as I've heard many good things about it, but I've never actually tried it. Perhaps learning about it will persuade me to go out and try it. My knowledge on Indian food is limited. I've heard of curry (can be very spicy to my understanding), ghee (a form of of butter), and that Indian food tends to lack on meat (this somewhat deters me as I like to eat meat). I'd like to learn more about the variety of food they have and how it's prepared. I may tell stories of the food from the perspective of a chef making the foods for a special occasion. Wikipedia provides what I believe to be pretty good descriptions of the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Notes: The Hypocritical Cat

The Hypocritical Cat     There was a cat that wanted to eat many rats and wanted to trick them to be able to eat them all. So he stood on on...