Monday, September 14, 2020

Topic Research: Weapons of the Gods

    One weapon that caught my eye is Indra's bow. The main thing that caught my eye about it is that it's a rainbow that shoots lightning bolts. That just puts a spectacular image in my mind. Indra also has many other weapons that I may dive into, but this one stood out the most to me from the bunch.

Double Alaskan Rainbow by Eric Rolph (July 2007). Source: Wikimedia

    Another weapon that caught my eye is the Sharanga bow. One reason this weapon caught my eye is because I have seen it mentioned in the Ramayana text that I've been reading. Rama was able to wield and break the bow. Apparently, he will also use it in many battles. It appears that it will also be brought up in the next story scheduled to read, the Mahabharata.

    The third weapon that caught my eye is the Asi sword. The reason this weapon sticks out to me is that it is supposed to be or represent the first weapon ever created. The story of it's creation is a bit bizarre to me as it was made from a creature forming into the sword. It may also be brought up in the Mahabharata.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Notes: The Hypocritical Cat

The Hypocritical Cat     There was a cat that wanted to eat many rats and wanted to trick them to be able to eat them all. So he stood on on...