Monday, September 14, 2020

Feedback Strategies: More Thoughts

    The first article I read was "Why Do So Many Mangers Avoid Giving Praise?". I chose this article mainly because the relation to work situations. The article essentially states that many managers only give negative feedback as a way to be a corrective measure, but can be nervous to do so. Giving positive feedback can help a manager give negative feedback more easily. It also helps show that you are friendly and gives employees a better outlook on the managers. The key to making positive feedback helpful is making it specific.

Font Awesome 5 solid thumbs-up by Font Awesome (July 2018). Source: Wikimedia

    The second article I read was "Giving Creative Feedback – A Guide for Those Who Aren’t Creative". I chose this article mainly because I don't view myself as a particularly creative individual, so I figured this article could be helpful. I'm not sure how effective it would be in person as it seems to involve asking oneself a lot of questions which may take some time. However, this does seem to be a decent method for this class as we have time to think about out responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Notes: The Hypocritical Cat

The Hypocritical Cat     There was a cat that wanted to eat many rats and wanted to trick them to be able to eat them all. So he stood on on...