Friday, September 18, 2020

Week 4 Lab: Microfiction: The Hidden Treasure

(New Twitter)

    Deagle could feel something within the cloud. He began digging ecstatically for he knew knew it could only be one thing. Treasure! Time and again he would dig, try different angles, and even try to bite through. Inevitably, he tuckered himself out, and rests for the next attempt.


My dog Deagle (July 2019). Source: Me


Mystery (Six-word Story)

Deagle has yet to find treasure.

Author's Note

    I decided to make two stories about my dog Deagle and how he like to dig when I put him on my bed. I don't know why, but every time I put him on my bed, he runs around and proceeds to try to dig on it. Perhaps it's because he's part beagle, but it's pretty cute.

3 comments:

  1. Manny,

    First of all, I would like to say WOW. Although you micro fiction was very short, I enjoyed it thoroughly. I feel like it was so enjoyable because I was able to like the main character a lot, Deagle. Your image really put the story together because I was able to put a face to a name. I like the fact that you changed something as simple as digging into an entire mini-story. I liked the description of the digging in the story. Most people would have just talked about the simple action of digging, but you said things such as "try different angles", and "even try to bite through". Those descriptions help form a picture in my head. Your author's notes subpage gives the reader a lot of background information about Deagle and why he digs for treasure. I hope Deagle eventually finds his treasure from all that digging! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manny, first of all, Deagle is adorable and picture perfect! I enjoyed how you centered the story around him and his bed digging because my Maltese does the same thing and I think it's hilarious. Although your story was short, it was alluring. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Manny, I enjoy your story so much. I like how it's sweet and short. It is a pretty funny story and is such a joy, I go back to read it several times. I think dogs have a lot of personality and this story shows that drastically. by the way, your dog is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Reading Notes: The Hypocritical Cat

The Hypocritical Cat     There was a cat that wanted to eat many rats and wanted to trick them to be able to eat them all. So he stood on on...