Thursday, August 27, 2020

My Top 3 Storybook Favorites

The Trials of the Four Warriors/Ramayana Battles

    This story book interests me as it deals with warriors and wordplay. I enjoy a good story about people who are put on a quest and have to battle or go through some sort of trial, usually involving conquering some impossible feat. It's always interesting to see how an author sets the scene or gives information about people. I also like the manipulation of the words used in wishes, curses, or blessings in this case. There's always a big brain way to get around it, and, in this case, it's by having four warriors.


A battle scene from a manuscript of the Ramayana (April 2012). Source: Wikimedia

Music Battles

    I find this one interesting because the introduction is a bit vague. There is a beast terrorizing a city and it just wants to hear a certain song to become peaceful, but no one knows the song. Gods and goddesses are even helping to try to restrain the beast but are unsure if it would be enough. I'm somewhat surprised by this as I would've thought the gods and goddesses could easily handle a beast. I'm not sure what the beast is but I picture something like a big wolf-bear hybrid. I'd like to see the direction this one goes. Does someone find the song? Or maybe something else? I suppose I'll find out soon enough.

The Divine Bow

    This one seems interesting because the divine bow was broken and they are trying to figure out how that happened. The intro starts with a group of gods gathering around and getting ready to discuss what happened to the bow. They intro ends by eluding to the first story, but I haven't gotten into them yet. It seems like a simple thing may be very complicated and perhaps devastating as it is a sacred weapon. I wonder about the impact and significance of this bow, but I hope to find out. I also hope it involves a battle of some kind since I like that kind of stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Notes: The Hypocritical Cat

The Hypocritical Cat     There was a cat that wanted to eat many rats and wanted to trick them to be able to eat them all. So he stood on on...